Say NO to sugar
We are staying at home, despite working from home, going outside only when it is needed or spending time like a summer (or is it monsoon already?) vacation. we are experimenting in our kitchen, especially with sweets and savory. When it comes to this point, we always think of table sugar as an important ingredient. It has a usual sweetness, is quick to utilize and we like it.
But as time changes, we are being more concerned towards the inclusion of sugar into diet, as it is giving empty calories, a free chemical that has zero nutrition value. Sometimes it’s blocking ourselves where we cannot find the options (like tea, milk) and then the question appears- how should I replace it?
Why sugar is bad?
1) Sugar is empty calories, which means
No Nutritional value
2) Because of lack of nutrients it makes us hungry even after consuming it.
3) Consuming sugar beverage every day increase risk in developing Type 2 diabetes.
4) Sugar also ruin our teeth, because sugar destroys healthy Bacteria inside our mouths.
5) Sugar has very high GI, which also associated with acne problem.
Alternate of Sugar
Option mention Below are the best alternate of Sugar, as they are low in GI(glycemic index), easily available, costs effective, healthy n full of nutrients. Even some are easy to prepare at home e.g: Dates sugar. We can also add this alternate in any food items.
1) Jaggery powder, very healthy it increases the BMR so very helpful in winter the more darker it is in color the more pure it will be.
2) Mishri/rock Sugar, very rich source of calcium, magnesium, iron, dietary fiber and antioxidant also. Contribute in increase hemoglobin also helps to cool down the body. Always buy threaded mishri.
3) Organic honey, it's chemical composition is very similar to human blood which helps body to absorb 100% nutrients from it. Also helps to digest food and very high in Antibacterial and antioxidant.
4) Stevia, very best for calories conscious people because it has 0 kcal n 0 GI it is natural sweetner. It is also used in ayurvedic medicine. Available in the form of tablet, dry leaves and small pouch.
5) Dates sugar, very rich source of fiber and calcium. Easy to prepare at home it also helps to increase digestion process and lower the cholesterol level.
6) Coconut sugar, low in GI about 35, easy to digest very rich source of iron, potassium, zinc and calcium.
Our modern diet is blessed with traditional substitutes like honey, Jaggery. It is also blessed with rock sugar (commonly known as mishri). Despite used in occasions, this can be used regularly as it is unrefined. We also have to keep in mind that even if these are healthy substitute for sugar we should use n consume it in limit. Men should consume no more than 9 teaspoons (36 grams or 150 calories) of added sugar per day. For women, the number is lower: 6 teaspoons (25 grams or 100 calories) per day.